05 April 2011

Salad + FaceBook picture = I don't care

It boggles me how some girls use FaceBook.

Today in my Creative Nonfiction class we had to go around the room and read a few of our classmates pieces. I land on some girls piece printed off in blue ink, single spaced, really hard on my eyes. It wasn't very interesting to boot. It was about how she doesn't eat salad, but one day she put ranch dressing on it, and all of a sudden loved salad. Sweet, right? Well, next she writes how she took a picture of the salad and posted it to FaceBook.

Is that what our society has come to? Instead of, oh, telling your friends that you've eaten salad (assuming that's a huge deal) and seeing their reaction in person, you take a picture and post it to FaceBook, where countless amounts of other friends see it and not give a crap.

It irks me sometimes that FaceBook has entered into every 20-somethings lives this much. And once you're off it, you notice it so much more.

Did you see my status?
Did you see xyz's picture?
No, why don't you tell me about it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment