12 April 2011

Day 9

  • 7) Today the Harry Potter exhibit opened at Oesterle Library. Seeing as I work there, I decided to join in the HP fun with Lizzie, Shalyn, and Becky (we're all Library groupies...) Upon entering we were given a coupon for Hollywood Palms. It's kinda like a restaurant/movie theatre in one. I actually saw Harry Potter 7 pt. 1 there... How fitting! Anyway, we all received 2 complimentary movie tickets. On the back of the coupon was the big FaceBook f. "Become A Fan of Hollywood Cinemas," it said, "for FREE movie stuff & updates." [Aimee rant: that isn't the correct usage of the '&' symbol. You're only supposed to use it when you're talking about a brand name. For example, Johnson & Johnson, M & M, etc. But using it to replace the word 'and' isn't typographically correct.] Since Hollywood Palms is a pretty awesome experience, I would totally like them on FaceBook. Anything for free movie stuff!
Remember how I said it made me feel wanted when people sought me out without the aid of FaceBook? It totally makes me feel unwanted when people only really use FaceBook to talk to me. Just yesterday, Jordan told me someone answered my text through a FaceBook wall post. Just text/email me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment