09 April 2011

Day 6


Oops, I didn't blog yesterday.

Oh well, anyway. Yesterday I wanted to see how many times I saw something like, "Post this to FaceBook," or "Like us on FaceBook," and then judge to see whether it would be worth it. I didn't see very many, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

First one was at the end of an iPhone game. It's called Kitchen Carnage and stars The Annoying Orange from YouTube. Yes, I'm a YouTube junkie. Yes, I got the iPhone game. No, I didn't pay the .99 cents for it because my phone is jailbroken. Anyway, at the end of the game, like you can see, you can post your score on FaceBook. I wouldn't do this. Simply because I doubt none of my other friends are playing this game, so why do they care that I got 3650 points? Not worth it. [edit: Just beat my high score, it's now 9175 points. I thought you all would want to know.]

I also see this option at the bottom of most news articles. This feature is warranted. I 'click-to-tweet' interesting news a lot, or at least get a lot of my news from 'click-to-tweet' features. It's a good way to spread important news... or not so important news about Charlie Sheen.

While trying to get my photobucket account rolling (I'm over bandwidth, and North Central things it's a good idea to have bandwidth, so I'm stuck with snail-speed internet for the time being) I noticed a FaceBook button. My problem with this is, if you're going to put a picture to FaceBook, why don't you just upload it yourself? Not worth it.

Lastly, while getting ice cream yesterday at the Häagen Dasz downtown, we noticed a little thumbs up sticker on a display cup telling us to "Like us on FaceBook!" Now, 1) Häagen Dasz is delicious. 2) It's also kinda expensive. [edit: my dazzler (it's like an ice cream parfait) was $7.12. Lizzie bought a pair of shoes for cheaper than that earlier in the day] Liking them on FaceBook might provide you with coupons of all sorts, so is it worth it? YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment